Vision and Values of the Oregon State University Forest Biotechnology Laboratory
18 October 2021
The Strauss Forest Biotechnology Laboratory at Oregon State seeks to:
- Be a strong, productive, mutually supportive, and collaborative team.
- Produce and disseminate new, useful, and accurate knowledge about biotechnologies, trees, and natural resource systems to scientific communities and society.
- Maintain and continually improve our physical and mental health.
- Practice high standards for personal safety in the laboratory, greenhouse, and field.
- Take part in citizenship activities that helps to strengthen our laboratory, university, and local communities.
- Engage and support each other to elevate our thinking, communication skills, data analysis, and planning—with the result of improved innovation, intellectual growth, and ethical behavior.
- Strengthen our teams’ integrity and efficiency through personal respect, collegial communication, and accountability.
- Acknowledge and honor the diverse backgrounds and skills of lab members, and continually help all members to advance their education, careers, and personal development.
- Actively embrace diversity and inclusion, working to elevate under-served communities within and outside the university.